Home 1289 N. 2nd St., Abilene, Texas 79601
12th Armored Division Message Board
register | search | profile
12th Armored Division >> General Discussion >> Finding your friend or relative
2 posts total   
Author Topic:  Finding your friend or relative
Junior Member
Member # 120

Posts: 2
From: St Paul MN 55106
Registered: 11/17/2005
posted 11/21/2005 4:47:14 PM    Click here to view the profile for joseph  Click here to email joseph  edit/delete post  Reply w/Quote
You can find other members of the units by getting Form 180 fromthe VA office in your county or you can download it by use of ADOBE. You should know the persons Army Serial Number and you must inclde their Social Security Number. Complete the form and send it to:

Chief, Records Recinstruction Branch
National Personnel Records Center
(Military Personnel Records)
9700 Page Avenue
St Louis MO 63132 5100

I asked for my records for the payroll of January, 1943 at Camp Campbell, KY and for November, 1943 at Camp Barkeley, TX. I was in ASTP and I wanted to trace what happened to Co. E of the 44th Armored Regiment. It became Co. B of the 44th Tank Bn.

When the fire destroyed many records, these files were on loan to a university. The fire was in 1972 or 73 and I recived my records in 1998. Try again. Posted by Joseph T. Hollerbach. And let me know by
e - mail at jecho12@msn.com

Junior Member
Member # 9

Posts: 156
From: NH
Registered: 4/29/2004
posted 11/22/2005 1:28:17 PM    Click here to view the profile for Ken  Click here to email Ken  edit/delete post  Reply w/Quote
Hi Joe,

I am a Legacy Member of the 12th Armored Division Association and I found your post very intriguing. My uncle was KIA in France 16 Jan 45, I am trying to reconstruct his army records. There are large gaps between FT Devens, Camp Barkeley and France. He was not ASTP and was in the AT of C66 AIB.

You state “these files were on loan to a university” how did find this out? Is there a record of files which were not in the warehouse fire?


Ken Klinedinst